What is West Fargo Events?
West Fargo Events (WFE) is a community focused nonprofit (501c3) that provides public programing for all ages. This programming is largely offered free of charge and happens in a variety of locations including community amenities such as the Lights Entertainment District and POW/MIA plaza.
What events does West Fargo Events put on?
- Stage West
- Street Fair
- Community Picnics
- Cruise Night
- Family Movie Nights
- Family Fun Nights
- Yoga on the Lawn
- Stage West Community Theatre
How is West Fargo Events set up?
West Fargo Events manages public amenities and programming in the community of West Fargo. It is governed by a board of directors from a variety of public and private service fields. The nonprofit holds monthly meetings to allow for financial and operational oversight and reporting.
Who works for West Fargo Events?
West Fargo Events has a talented team of 12 full time and roughly 150 part time employees in a variety of roles and departments. Administration, Events, Marketing, Operations, Maintenance, Custodial, Food/Beverage service and Charitable gaming all play a role on the team.
Who is on the Board of Directors for West Fargo Events?
The board of directors is comprised of 3 community members at large, along with 2 members each from the Park Board, School Board and City Commission.
How does West Fargo Events use money from gaming?
West Fargo Events’ charitable mission is to improve quality of life for its citizens through public events and programming. Charitable funds go to a variety of events and art installations that raise the quality of life meter for all residents. Some of these events include: Kidchella, Family Fun Nights, Family Movie Nights, veterans memorial statues, winter sculpture display, ice skating rinks, inflatable games and much more.
What does West Fargo Events do with The Lights?
West Fargo Events is the manager chosen by the City of West Fargo to manage the public amenities at The Lights. These amenities include the Public Parking Ramp and Essentia Health Plaza. WFE schedules events, manages daily operations, maintains/repairs issues and markets the facilities to potential users and renters.
What does West Fargo Events do with the POW/MIA Plaza?
West Fargo Events is the manager chosen by the City of West Fargo to manage the public amenities at the POW/MIA Plaza. WFE schedules events, manages daily operations, maintains/repairs issues and markets the facilities to potential users and renters.
What is West Fargo Events relationship with the School District?
The West Fargo Public School District is the owner of the West Fargo Sports Arena. This 2-ice sheet facility is managed by WFE after being selected from a competitive bid process. WFE has managed the arena on behalf of the school district since 2017.
What is West Fargo Events relationship with the Park District?
The West Fargo Park District is one of WFE’s biggest partners for public programming. Many events are co-promoted between the two entities including Downtown Halloween Treat Street, Hometown Heroes events, Frostival and the annual Bike Safety Rodeo to name a few.
What is West Fargo Events relationship with the City of West Fargo?
The City of West Fargo contracts with WFE to manage their public spaces and events on their behalf. WFE manages The Lights parking ramp, Essentia Health Plaza, POW/MIA Plaza and a host of public programming including Street Fair, Cruise Nights and WestFest.
Why do these relationships/partnerships exist?
West Fargo Events allows all of the entities in partnership to combine resources and save taxpayers money by working together. West Fargo Events, with access to these resources and expertise help when needed, is able to significantly reduce the burden of ownership for the amenity owners.
If West Fargo Events didn’t do what they do, who would?
There are two possible scenarios if WFE did not fill the role it does now.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- The public entities would have to hire their own internal staff to fill each role and would be limited to the rules and roles of government rather than the benefits of flexibility operating public spaces as a nonprofit.
- The entities would have to outsource these management duties to private/for-profit companies to perform the services. This would cost the taxpayers more and for-profit companies would have the right to privatize and profit from the public programming intended in the spaces WFE manages. The beauty of West Fargo Events as it is currently used, is that it saves the tax payers a significant amount of money AND keeps 100% of funds in our local economy.
Where does West Fargo Events get their funding?
- Concessions – Many events include an element of food or beverage service that WFE operates in the amenities it manages.
- Gaming – WFE operates charitable gaming in a few bars/restaurants in the FMWF market. Those funds are regulated tightly and only used for public programming purposes for our citizens.
- Sponsorships – WFE works with local businesses and foundations to sponsor programs and activities they are passionate about while providing marketing ROI through logo placement.
- Grants – As a nonprofit organization, WFE is able to apply for many Grant opportunities through businesses, foundations and State and Local government.